Looking for a delicious, high protein, low carb after-workout or anytime shake? Here’s a simple tasty chocolate peanut butter protein shake recipe that fits your keto or low carb diet!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake
I’ve been making this chocolate peanut butter protein shake as a post-workout meal or snack for years. It’s quick, absolutely delicious, and really satisfying.
The shake is packed with the stuff you need after a workout (protein to repair and build muscle) and won’t put the weight back on with a bunch of worthless carbs.
Making the shake takes only a minute and requires just 5 ingredients. Do it!
- 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened, vanilla or plain)
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I highly recommend Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder, it’s the best there is)
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter (no sugar added)
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder (no sugar added)
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum (not required but it gives the shake a thicker, more satisfying mouthfeel)
- 3 ice cubes
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender on low or medium setting until smooth (add the almond milk to the blender first, if you do the powder first it as a tendency to get stuck down in the bottom and not all blend in with the shake). Should take about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Pour into a glass.
- Drink and enjoy!
That’s it. In just a minute you’ve got a great tasting post-workout drink or quick meal-replacement to refuel you. Enjoy.
- 245 calories
- 11g fat
- 6g carbs
- 28.5g protein